Reflexology, also known as Zone Therapy is an ancient holistic therapy that dates back to around 3,000 BC. The feet have over 7,000 nerve endings and these map via the nervous system to different organs and glands of the body Reflexology is a technique of applying pressure to the various reflexes on the feet to stimulate nerve channels. The result of a treatment is to restore balance and well-being throughout the body.
The body stores stress, anxiety and tension and by working on the reflexes on the feet, I can stimulate blood circulation, promote the body's own healing processes and remove energy blockages that build up in the form of crystals. These crystals are made up of uric acid and calcium and by breaking these down, the body can rid itself of toxins to maintain health.
Reflexology is a safe, natural and gentle alternative therapy that can be used on anyone from babies to those in their later years of life.
Did you know.....
1) 75% of Disease is estimated to be caused by stress
2) The body needs nutrients and oxygen to function correctly. As Reflexology helps the circulation of blood around the body, this in turn improves the efficiency of the body's organs and cells.
3) Helps release pressure on nerves, in turn relieving stress and anxiety
4) Reflexology helps the digestive system to remove toxins and waste from the body
5) Reflexology is an accumulative therapy and it is recommended that regular treatments are had so that the body can maintain well-being and reduce stress levels caused by illness, disease and day to day pressures.
What conditions can Foot Reflexology help?
Reflexology is an amazing alternative therapy that can help with a wide range of health problems including:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Poor sleep patterns
- Arthritis (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid)
- High Blood Pressure
- Stomach conditions such as IBS
- Frozen Shoulder
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Dementia
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Skin disorders (Acne, Dermatitis, Eczema and Psoriasis)